Frequently Asked Questions
1. What time does BikeSafe training start?
It varies a little from one location and host agency to the other. Check your confirmation email for the specifics of your class.
A typical start time is 8:45 a.m. sharp! Plan to be in your seat and ready to begin at the specific time listed for your class. Class typically ends around 4:00 to 4:30 p.m.
If you misplaced your confirmation email message or otherwise prefer, you can find event specific information on this web site by browsing the calendar or list of events.
2. Are we allowed to bring passengers? My wife may wish to come along.
Yes! Your passenger is required to wear the same safety equipment that you are required to wear.
3. What clothing should I wear for BikeSafe training?
You should wear normal protective clothes for motorcycling including the following personal protective equipment:
- Legal helmet
- must meet the D.O.T. safety standard
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants
- Full fingered gloves
- Over the ankle foot protection
- Eye Protection
- Rain gear
- Be prepared to ride in any weather
4. Can I keep the reflective BikeSafe vest?
Unfortunately at this time we cannot allow participants to keep the vest.
However riding with high visibility gear is considered best practice for both daytime and nighttime riding safety.