Frequently Asked Questions
1. What time does BikeSafe training start?
It varies a little from one location and host agency to the other. Check your confirmation email for the specifics of your class.
A typical start time is 8:45 a.m. sharp! Plan to be in your seat and ready to begin at the specific time listed for your class. Class typically ends around 4:00 to 4:30 p.m.
If you misplaced your confirmation email message or otherwise prefer, you can find event specific information on this web site by browsing the calendar or list of events.
2. What clothing should I wear for BikeSafe training?
You should wear normal protective clothes for motorcycling including the following personal protective equipment:
- Legal helmet
- must meet the D.O.T. safety standard
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants
- Full fingered gloves
- Over the ankle foot protection
- Eye Protection
- Rain gear
- Be prepared to ride in any weather
3. Can I keep the reflective BikeSafe vest?
Yes! At this time it is not necessary to pay for the vest. It is yours to keep without charge. Please wear the vest for your safety whenever you ride.
4. Will the class be cancelled because of weather?
It is very unlikely that we will cancel the class due to inclement weather. Be prepared to ride in rain gear.
Under truly severe conditions, the class will be rescheduled.